Monday 10 June 2013

Great Green Smoothies


Ever since I tried the detoxing green smoothie in Wholefoods, I'm forever making them! They're my favourite way to get my greens in. The beauty of them is, yes, they often include superfoods like spinach and kale, but no, you can't taste them, making them perfect for those who can't tackle their greens. I personally don't have a problem with eating them, but they're so much in a smoothie. I know that to some people green smoothies may seem revolting, but you should try it before you make your judgement. In my opinion they taste just like a fruit smoothie, with extra nutritional benefits. Definately worth a try.

My typical green smoothie includes:


  • 2 handfuls of Spinach/Kale/ 1 handful of each.
  • 1 orange
  • 1 banana
  • 1 pear
  • 2 kiwis
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • Add coconut water/ water,  depending on how liquidified/ thick you want it.


That's just one I'd make using fruit which can quickly be cut a bit and placed in the blender.

But, my favourite green smoothie is:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 and a half cups pineapple
  • 2 handfuls kale
  • Add coconut water/ water depending on how liquid/ thick you want it.


I also like to add superfoods like maca, chia seeds, goji berries, and hemp seeds to my green smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment